Vacancy for Director of Sport
Whitestone School is an independent, co-educational Christian school situated in Bulawayo. The school is a member of The Association of Trust Schools of Zimbabwe (ATS) and is a Cambridge Examination Centre. Whitestone is committed to providing a high level of educational, sporting and cultural opportunities to its children. The curriculum covered falls under Cambridge Checkpoint, as well as adhering to Ministry Curriculum. Whitestone has an average enrollment of 500 children, from ECD to Grade 7.
Whitestone School has a proud academic, sporting and cultural history, driven by staff who are dedicated professionals.
The Director of Sport is a senior teaching position within the school and would ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- A highly dedicated professional with high levels of integrity and honesty;
- A proven track record as Director, Teacher in charge of sport in an ATS school;
- Experience in a co-educational school would be an advantage;
- A degree with links to Education with a minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- High level of computer literacy;
- A high level of sport coaching and sport management.
- A class teacher.
- Provide professional leadership in Sport for the School;
- Maintain and improve, where necessary, standards and levels of learning and achievement in all facets of Sport at the School;
- Implement Sporting policies as determined and in consultation with the Head
- Responsibility for all Sporting staff;
- Work closely with the School Staff to ensure that all operational, and sporting functions are effectively carried out.
The School offers an appropriatelycompetitive remuneration package in a relaxed but professional working environment.
Applications should include a covering letter outlining the applicant’s suitability for the post, a full CV together with contact details of two referees. The application should be addressed to: The Headmaster Whitestone School, Private Bag 4 Hillside Bulawayo or alternatively, an email sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 20th July 2018. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview and submission of an application does not entitle the applicant to an interview.