Advertisement for Resource Center Officer
Whitestone School is inviting applications from interested, suitably qualified and experienced
individuals for the above mentioned post.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
- To ensure effective teaching by providing visionary leadership and administration skills within the Resource Collection.
- To create and maintain a stimulating and innovative environment for all pupils of different learning abilities.
- Effectively manage the assets of the Resource Collection.
- Develop the learning potential of each student visiting the Resource Centre.
- Offer a broad based, curriculum and approach, centered on developing enquiring minds, analytical and critical thinking, reasoning and investigative skills.
- Ensure that the vision and philosophy of Adventure into Learning is maintained.
- Develop and administer all academic curriculum pertaining to the Resource Collection.
- Building an effective curriculum that is focused on delivering excellent results.
- Implementing enriching development programmes for both students and staff.
- Establishing an educational philosophy and learning environment which encourages a co-operative and participating attitude on the part of all staff and students and is in keeping with the schools vision.
- Establishing effective communication channels to keep the staff, students and parents properlyinformed of the benefits of the Resource Collection.
- Effectively and successfully market the Resource Centre.
- Effectively, accurately and successfully manage the Resource Collection in accordance to the School Management Structure.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Graduate with a proven track record of teaching.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Have sound ICT Skills.
- Have sound management skills..
- Able to do basic Repairs and Maintenance (Be technically/mechanically minded).
- Have a firm background and interest in a range of topics.
- The person will report directly to the Headmaster.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org submitting a detailed Curriculum Vitae with references, no later than 28 March 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.